Best with Cooked Beets
Love Beets Beetroot and Berry Yoghurt Parfaits with Flourless Peanut Butter Cake
What to do
- Blend the Love Beets cooked beetroot in a food processor or blender, transfer to a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the berries and honey and cook for 5 minutes, letting the mixture bubble and come to a boil. Once the fruit has cooked down and the sauce has slightly reduced to a syrupy consistency, remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C and line an 8-inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the peanut butter, honey, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt and stir well to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and vanilla extract together. Add the egg mixture to the peanut butter mixture and whisk thoroughly to combine. Fold in half of the chopped peanuts and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, using a spatula to smooth over the surface.
- Sprinkle over the remaining peanuts and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the cake is golden brown but still soft. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan before slicing into squares.
- Layer in the yoghurt, jam, fresh berries, and sliced cake squares into four 8-oz mason jars (or small serving bowls), creating alternating layers if using jars. Top each serving with a few cake squares, fresh berries, and some peanuts and enjoy straight away.
What you’ll Need
For the beet + berry jam
- 1 pack Love Beets Cooked Beets Pouch
- 220g fresh or frozen mixed berries (such as strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- 85g honey
For the flourless peanut butter cake
- 125g smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 45g coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g salted peanuts, roughly chopped
For the parfaits
- 570g Greek yoghurt
- 100g fresh berries, (such as strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- 30g peanuts, for garnishing