Best with SWEET AND SMOKY SHRED
Love Beets Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot Wraps with Griddled Halloumi and Hummus
What to do
- Slice the halloumi into 0.5cm thick squares.
- Add the fennel and cumin seeds to a small roasting tray, set on the barbecue rack or under a hot grill and toast for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from the heat, add 1 tbsp oil and chilli flakes, stir to combine and set aside.
- Add the wraps to the barbecue (or grill) and cook for a few seconds on each side to warm through. Spread the hummus between each wrap and scatter over the Love Beets Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot.
- Griddle the halloumi on the barbecue (or fry) until lightly charred then toss in the spiced oil to coat before arranging between the wraps.
- Roughly chop the herbs and scatter over the wraps along with the pine nuts before wrapping and serving.
What you’ll Need
- 150g halloumi
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 medium sized flatbreads or wraps
- 80g hummus
- 80g Love Beets Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot
- Small handful flat leaf parsley
- Small handful mint leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts