Best with Cooked Beets
Russian Beet, Radish & Potato Salad
What to do
- Put the potatoes into a saucepan of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until they are tender. Drain and top into a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the eggs in a saucepan and just cover them with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Drain and run cold water to cool the shell then gently peel away shell.
- To make the sauce, chop the dill and then chop the anchovies very small and mash with the side of the knife as you go. Mix the mayonnaise, dill and anchovies together.
- Put the potatoes, radish and gherkins into a large bowl. Tip in the mayonnaise and gently combine until everything is well coated.
- Slice the eggs into quarters. Tip the potato salad into serving bowl, scattering through the beets as you go. Top with the egg and scatter over a few remaining dill springs.
What you’ll Need
For the salad:
800g Waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
12 mixed radish, quartered
4 gherkins cut into disk
2 cooked beets, chopped
Salt and pepper
Small bunch dill
3 Anchovy fillets