Pea, Beet, Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Tart
What to do
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly dust a work surface with the flour, and roll the puff pastry until it is 4 mm thick. Cut out discs with a 11.5cm round pastry cutter and then with a sharp small knife lightly score around the pastry discs 1 cm away from the edge, trying not to cut through the pastry. Then brush with the beaten egg, lay the pastry discs onto a non-stick baking tray and place in the oven in the middle of the shelf and cook for 20 minutes, or until golden. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool. Then remover the inner part with a small knife.
- While you are waiting for the pastry to cook, bring a pan of salted water to a boil, cook the peas for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water for another minute, drain and set aside.
- Cut the peppers into thick slices and then place into a medium sized bowl with the peas, goats cheese, beetroot and parsley.
- In small bowl mix together extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then add 2 tablespoons to the vegetables and goat cheese, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the pastry discs on plates and fill with the vegetables and goat cheese. then drizzle the rest of the dressing around the plates and serve.
What you’ll Need
Plain flour for dusting
500g ready made puff pastry
1 free range egg, lightly beaten
100g peas, shelled (approx. 335g unshelled)
100g ready cooked red peppers in oil, drained
100g goat cheese, crumbled
100g cooked beets, cut into chunks
Small bunch of flat leaf parsley
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper