Breakfast Burritos with Potato Tofu Scramble and Beet Salsa
What to do
Make the Scramble:
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and pour over a ¼ cup water. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the crumbled tofu, nutritional yeast, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne. Stir until mixture is well coated with seasonings and cook out for 5 to 10 minutes longer, adjusting with more seasoning or oil if needed.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork until mixture resembles a scramble.
- Return to skillet and heat oil over medium heat. Cook the chopped peppers and onions until tender. Transfer to bowl and keep warm.
- Heat a tortilla and arrange some of the scramble, a heaping amount of beet salsa, sautéed veggies, avocado, spinach and cheese across the center. Roll and wrap into a burrito and repeat with remaining ingredients for a burrito party! Optional– serve with vegan cashew chipotle aioli.
**Burrito ingredients keep well for up to 1 week in the fridge.
What you’ll Need
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 pound potatoes, thinly sliced and chopped
Sea salt and ground black pepper
8 oz. organic tofu, crumbled
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne
For the Burritos
6-8 burrito size tortillas
2 (6.5oz) Love Beets Beet Salsa
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 cups spinach
Vegan cheese slices
Vegan chipotle aioli