Best with Honey and Ginger Diced Beets
Love Beets Beetroot Rainbow Bowls with Sesame-Crusted Tofu
What to do
- To make the dressing, whisk together the fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, sugar and ginger until combined and set aside.
- To prepare the fresh bowl elements, quarter the tomatoes, peel and slice the carrot into matchsticks, thinly slice the red onion and chilli and roughly chop the herbs. Use a spiraliser to create courgette noodles. Arrange each ingredient in a separate compartment of two serving bowls, leaving a space for the tofu.
- Drain the tofu, slice into 0.5cm pieces and press between two sheets of kitchen towel to remove excess liquid.
- Combine the sesame seeds and cornflour in a bowl with a large pinch of salt. Press each tofu piece into the cornflour mix and turn until coated.
- Add the sesame oil to a large saucepan, set over a medium-high heat, add the tofu and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning from time to time, until golden.
- Add the tofu to the bowls, spoon over the dressing and peanuts and serve.
To add a touch of effortless chic to your mealtimes, snap up the Love Beets range from the chilled, fresh produce aisle of Tesco stores nationwide now at just £1.25 each.
What you’ll Need
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2.5 tsp vegetarian fish sauce
- 2.5 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, finely diced
For the rainbow bowls
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 180g spiralised courgette or 2 small courgettes spiralised
- ½ small red onion
- 180g Love Beets Honey + Ginger Diced Beetroot (1 pack)
- 1 red chilli
- handful chopped coriander, torn
- handful Thai basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
For the sesame crusted tofu
- 280g firm tofu
- 30g sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sesame oil