Love Beets Crispy Beef Thai Salad with Honey + Ginger Diced Beetroot
What to do
- Add the fish sauce, soy, ½ the lime juice and sugar to a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the cucumbers, spring onions and chilli lengthways and add to a large bowl. Halve the sugar snaps lengthways, peel the carrot into ribbons and add to the bowl. Tear the herbs into the bowl and toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- Add the corn flour, garlic powder and a pinch of salt to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the minced beef to a bowl and toss to coat.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan, set over a medium heat, allow to come to temperature then add the beef, tossing regularly until dark and crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the soy mix and toss to coat.
- Gently toss the beef with the salad, layer between two bowls with the beetroot, squeeze over the remaining lime juice and serve with extra soy and steamed rice.
What you’ll Need
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- 2 mini cucumbers
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red chilli
- 50g sugar snap peas
- 1 carrot, peeled
- Small handful Thai basil leaves
- Small handful mint leaves
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 200g minced beef
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 100g Love Beets Honey + Ginger Diced Beetroot
- Steamed white rice, to serve (optional)