Best with Cooked Beets Pouch
Love Beets Veggie Slider Burgers with Horseradish Mayo
What to do
- Add the beans to a bowl and mash to a paste with some texture remaining.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a frying pan, set over a low-medium heat then add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft and translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in the Love Beets Cooked Beetroot and set aside to cool completely.
- Add the cooled beetroot/onion mix to the mashed beans with the mixed grains, breadcrumbs and herbs and season generously.
- Shape the mix into 4 equal sized patties and chill until ready to cook.
- Add the mayonnaise and horseradish to a bowl and stir to combine and season to taste.
- Brush the patties with the remaining oil and griddle on the barbecue (or fry) until golden and charred on both sides.
- Serve the burgers in buns with horseradish mayonnaise, watercress and gherkins.
What you’ll Need
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 180g Love Beets Cooked Beetroot, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 125g cooked mixed grains such as wheatberries, bulgur wheat and quinoa
- 30g breadcrumbs
- 15g dill, chopped
- 15g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp creamed horseradish sauce
- 4 Brioche burger buns, cut sides lightly toasted or griddled
- 40g watercress, to serve
- 2 gherkins, sliced, to serve (optional)