Reginette Pasta w/ Beet & Sour Cream Sauce
What to do
- Boil a pot of water, and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, roughly chop the shallots, garlic and beets. Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the shallots for 5-6 minutes until they start to soften. Add the garlic and cook for and another 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the beats and sour cream to the pan. Blend the mixture using a hand blender or food processor to a coarse sauce. Taste and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan. Pour the warm sauce over the pasta and toss to coat the pasta well. In a separate bowl, dress the rocket with a little oil or your favorite salad dressing (optional).
- Scatter a little rocket over each plate, then top with the beet pasta. Drizzle over any sauce left in the pan and sprinkle over the chives. Top with the remaining rocket and a few shavings of Parmesan (optional).
What you’ll Need
280g Reginette pasta
2 cloves garlic
1 pack of Cooked Beets
2tsp olive oil
200ml low fat sour cream
2 large handful rocket
Small bunch of Chives, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
To Serve (optional):
Your favorite salad dressing or a drizzle of olive oil