Roasted Chicken, Beets, Potatoes & Carrots
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In large roasting tin, mix the potatoes, beets, carrots, onion and garlic.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and pour over the wine, and tuck the thyme in between the vegetables. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken legs all over with salt and pepper and lay them on top of the vegetables. Cover loosely with the foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the tin and return to the over. Bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is golden and crisp and the vegetables are cooked through.
What you’ll Need
500g new potatoes, cut into wedges
250g cooked beets, cut into halves
250g Chantenay carrots, or 250g large carrots peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
1 onion, cut into large dice
3 cloves garlic , cut into fine slices
2-3 springs of thyme
175ml white wine
4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 chicken legs
salt and freshly ground black pepper