Best with Cooked Beets
Beet & Potato Mash w/ Steak
What to do
- Peel the potatoes and cut each into 8th. Put them into a large pan of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes cook, chop the beets into quarters and season the steaks.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and when it is very hot cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side (longer if you want them well done). When the steaks are cooked to you liking, put them on a warm plate and set aside to rest.
- Once the potatoes are just tender, add the beets to the water and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Drain the water away and add the creme fraiche to the pan. Mash everything together well until you have a smooth pink mash. Season to taste.
- Slice the steak and serve with a dollop of mash and the steamed broccoli.
What you’ll Need
400g mashing potatoes
4 Cooked beets
2 fillet steaks
1 tsp olive oil
4 tbsp Creme Fraiche
Salt and Pepper
100g broccoli, steamed & tossed in lemon juice and olive oil