Love Beets Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot Middle-Eastern Buddha Bowl
What to do
- Cook the bulgur wheat according to packet instructions and set aside to cool.
- Dice the tomatoes, parsley, mint and red onion and stir through the bulgur wheat with 3 tbsp olive oil and season to taste.
- Fold the harissa through the yoghurt and set aside.
- Drain the chickpeas thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Add the remaining oil to a large frying pan and set over a high heat. Carefully add the chickpeas and cook, turning from time to time for about 5 minutes until golden and crisp. Add the cinnamon, coriander, cumin, chilli and sea salt flakes. Toss to coat and cook for 30 seconds more before removing from the heat.
- Arrange the bulgur wheat mix, roasted chickpeas, cucumber, Love Beets Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot, pomegranate seeds and harissa yoghurt between 4 bowls and serve.
What you’ll Need
- 50g bulgur wheat
- 5 large tomatoes
- 100g parsley
- 50g mint, leaves picked
- ½ red onion
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 4 tbsp plant-based Greek-style yoghurt
- 400g tin chickpeas
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ a cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 2 x 180g Love Beets Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds