Best with Cooked Beets
Beet, Salmon, Dill & Créme Fraiche Tarts
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 428°F.
- Unroll the sheet of pastry and cut into 4 equal rectangles. If you want to make smaller tarts for a party buffet, cut into 8 rectangles. Arrange on a baking sheet, leaving a little room around each, and score a fine line 5mm in from the edge all around each piece of pastry, creating a border.
- Slice the beets into narrow wedges. Flake the salmon into bite sized pieces. Arrange the beets and salmon onto the pastry, keeping within the border.
- In a small bowl, mix together the creme fraiche and dill and season with a little salt and pepper. Spoon a little onto the centre of each tart.
- Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Small tarts will take a little less time.
What you’ll Need
1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
2 packs Cooked Beets, drained
350g cooked salmon (or hot smoked salmon fillets)
3 tbsp full fat créme fraiche
Small bunch of dill chopped
Salt & freshly ground black pepper